From the time we were small, we have always had dreams. Unfortunately, somewhere over our years most of us allowed ourselves to be convinced that our dreams could not be achieved. Additionally, since we were told that our dreams were just silly fantasies, we did not put any effort into trying to achieve them.
You may be pleased to find out,, your dreams really can become a reality! Having said that, you must know that you will not achieve these dreams simply by wishing on a star. You must take action to direct your life towards living the life you have always seen in your dreams.
Here are a few basic strategies that will help you begin:
1) You need to have passion as well as desire. Both of these are essential to achieving your desires. Curiously, you can not have one without possessing the other. You should desire to have a thing in your life so much (desire) and want it for the appropriate reasons (passion).
- An example illustrating the difference might be if you have always dreamed of being a professional singer. When you know you’ve got talent and your only dream is to sing to bring happiness or emotion to other people, and it isn’t about money, becoming famous, or prestige; this is a true desire. When you simply have a genuine love for singing, and when singing is an all consuming thought in your mind all the time; this is passion.
2) Patience. Patience is not always an easy thing to have, but usually, our dreams can not be achieved overnight. You have to be dedicated and keep working to achieve your full potential. Although it may take longer than you were hoping, eventually, you will see that being patient was well worth the rewards.
- Remember to stay positive, keep your focus on your goals, and keep taking the actions needed to make your dreams become reality. keep in mind, patience is a virtue!
3) Sacrifice. In order to achieve your dreams, it may require some self-sacrifice. Often, this is where most people have a tendency to give up, and decide it is not worth it. However, you will have to decide whether you are wiiling to give up your TV time to work toward your goals, or perhaps spend some extra time at work to get ahead in your career. If you really want things to change, you will have to be willing to make changes in how you do things.
- If you are genuinely passionate about achieving your dreams, this will not be too tough. If you are finding sacrifice really difficult, it could be that you do not have sufficient desire, passion, willpower, or self-discipline to follow through on achieving your dreams.
4) Confidence. If you genuinely intend to make your dreams real, you must believe it will happen. You should have an extreme self confidence in you and your talents. If not, your dreams might remain simply dreams forever.
- Although your confidence might waiver at times, as long as your focus remains on your end goal – and you see yourself actually achieving your goal – you are headed the right way.
A Few Thoughts about Obtaining Your Dreams
There is no one that can take your dreams away from you other than you. We sometimes tend to be our own worst enemy, the greatest barrier, and toughest critic. This is not what you need! You should keep in mind that, if you take action and implement these basic suggestions and tips, your dreams really can become a reality.
Keep your focus on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; it will happen if only you believe that it can!